As an independent coach working at the intersection of the relationship and spiritual coaching fields, I have developed the following ethical principles for my coaching practice. This Code of Ethics affirms the values of consent, honesty, respect, integrity, and authenticity upheld by the M/s and broader kink communities, as well as the spiritual values of ahimsa (non-harm), karuna (compassion), and maitri (lovingkindness).
Code of Ethics
- I will display the highest standards of personal and professional integrity with my clients.
- I will maintain my clients’ confidentiality within the confines of the law.
- I will adhere to my scope of practice as a coach and refrain from offering advice or services for which I do not have qualifications.
- I will refer clients to licensed professionals or to other coaches when appropriate.
- I will honor the fundamental dignity of my clients.
- I will seek to understand each client’s cultural, ethnic, class, educational, and religious and/or spiritual background.
- I will affirm each client’s gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, and relationship role.
- I will examine my own assumptions and privilege as they relate to my clients’ lived experience.
- I will provide my clients with a safe space to express themselves without fear of judgment, criticism, or failure.
- I will commit myself to continued personal, professional, and spiritual growth for the benefit of my clients.